Ampeg Scrambler
Ampeg Scrambler

Fuzz pedal from Ampeg .

Publié le 01/17/10 à 16:27
The Ampeg Scrambler is a simple and interesting distortion pedal, with overall a pretty standard make up.<span> </span>The pedal has a ¼ inch input and output, and is powered by the power supply that is made for it (which I believe comes with it).<span> </span>

<p class="MsoNormal">Using the Ampeg Scrambler is cinch to use, as you’ve only got a few really basic parameters.<span> </span>The Scrambler has knobs for texture, which is like tone, and a balance, which is a simple volume parameter.<span> </span>There aren’t any parameters other than this, so I can’t imagine any users having trouble with this pedal at all, or needing to look a manual barring technical issues.<span> </span>

<p class="MsoNormal">While Ampeg isn’t exactly known for making pedals, the Scrambler is a pretty cool sounding distortion pedal.<span> </span>It is definitely suitable for both electric and bass guitar, but I’ve only used it in tandem with a Fender Strat and a ’76 Fender Twin Reverb.<span> </span>The sound that I’m able to get within this set up is definitely something that I like, although I wouldn’t use it in all situations where I would want distortion.<span> </span>I’ve only used the pedal when I’m looking for a real down and dirty distortion, as this isn’t a very transparent sounding pedal.<span> </span>I would describe it as more of a fuzz pedal than traditional distortion or overdrive.<span> </span>I can’t say that I would recommend this is as an all purpose or ‘go-to’ distortion pedals, but it sounds great in most situations and when used tastefully.

<p class="MsoNormal">While I’ve used the reissue of this pedal rather than the original, overall I’ve been very pleased with the pedal.<span> </span>It is more of a fuzz sound than anything else, and I can see how so many people like this pedal.<span> </span>The original goes for a lot of dough used, but the reissue is a lot more reasonable and has more or less the same configuration.<span> </span>I’ve you’re interested in vintage pedals or are simply looking for a great fuzz distortion.