Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz
Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz
bobbyblue bobbyblue
Published on 02/23/06 at 07:55
FUZZ ANALOG
one of the first proposed model was hendrix, before the axis fuzz face and use it until his death (we see on the videos of the last concerts!)
a volume knob
a drive knob
operates with a 9V battery (no power !!!!)
That said it is not greedy at all
look psych guarantees

Cot we do not use more simple:
a volume knob
grate a knob for gain

little when it dplorer same lack of power (even if it is not greedy I repeat!) and a small knob qualisation

So the issue is a take it or leave!

the switch is easy to trigger, the robust pedal, it's solid!

Compared to other mayer fuzz of the house that has a more runny quite dirty and a little care this turning point in the model as its axis
one is addicted or hate it type trs!

my comfiguration is:
guitar (gibson les paul studio classics QUP of 2 57 ') - fuzz - tuner - Univibe (Dunlop)-delay (Danelectro reel echo) - wha wha (cry baby) - amp (60w fender concert 12'')

Personally I use the fuzz (gain 3 / 4 OR 1 / 2) on the distortion of the amp as a boost. trs grain thick and mushy fuzz of colors and MLE to that of the receiver: a DLIC !!!!!!
the sound is powerful without being AGESSA is terrible!

some are like a weird config, but you have to know that Hendrix did the same thing by pushing the Marshall heads back! (Natural distortion + fuzz)

in short you will probably understand, I love

I use it for 6 months and I would not trade for anything
it is the best fuzz I've tried (with axis)

positive
trs hendrixien sound, powerful, a little dirty but that's what I was looking for!

ngatif;
no power supply
no correction tonalitbr />
I try other models like the era of big muff and again, axis models, stone, mongoose Mayer, and the fuzz face model
of these two models fuzz me really marks the axis and the classic
incomparable

issue price quality ratio

I bought used: 145 euro
Panama has been on new 280euro

the quality is indniable, small BMOL when you open the pedal and you see the two components and a half fighting a duel in the case, I find the 280 euros a bit much!
but hey if he falait I would resume the same!