Ableton Updates Live/Suite 8.2.2
Ableton has released version 8.2.2 of its Live and Suite music production software for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Live/Suite v8.2.2
- Added bank names for Amp instant mapping, which in turn fixes a problem with the Axiom DirectLink control surface.
- Fixed problems with the Mbox2 related to non-integer sample rates.
- Added control surface support for Akai Professional LPD8.
- From now on, betas will ask to check for updates only once a week, and starting a week after first run.
- The “Peek” button on the Axiom Pro now works as a momentary control.
Max for Live also received a number of improvements and feature changes:
- Devices inside Racks can now be accessed via the Max for Live API.
- Return tracks can now be observed via the Max for Live API.
Live devices and parameters can now be more easily mapped to controls in Max devices, Ableton says. Devices can be moved within a Live Set without breaking existing mappings. Also, devices and Sets can be saved and loaded without breaking existing mappings.
You can check the release notes for details.
For more information, check out the Ableton website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Steinberg Cubase 5.5.3 Steinberg has released version 5.5.3 of Cubase & Cubase Studio 5.5, a final maintenance update for the music production software for Windows and Mac.
- Loopmasters French Electro House This collection features 2GB of 24Bit samples based around the 122–130 Bpm mark but can equally be used in new forms of Drum & Bass, Cinematic and Downtempo styles alongside House & Electro.
- Waves Oneknob Waves Audio announces the new OneKnob series, a set of seven plug-ins, each providing a particular effect controlled by a single knob.