[NAMM] Bitwig Studio soon in v1.2
The Bitwig team will be at NAMM 2015 in Anaheim this week to introduce update v1.2 for its Bitwig Studio DAW.
Version 1.2 is announced as the biggest update since the release of Bitwig Studio v1.0. It will be free for registered users and will bring the following changes:
- Track group with the addition of Meta Clips in the Arrange View to edit clips from multiple tracks ; this group track feature also applies to multi-out VST plug-ins
- Added an Audition Browser so that all devices (samples, presets, clips) can be searched and previewed before inserting. The Audition Browser can be hidden to save space on the GUI
- New sound contents with demo songs, more than 500 presets and optimized existing presets with the help of famous sample library editors (Detunized, Mode Audio, Sample Magic and Overlock)
- Supports high resolution Retina (Mac) and High-DPI (Windows) screens
Bitwig adds that more surprises are to come in this update. A beta version will be available for selected registered users in February.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.