Cakewalk Sonar X3 Standard

All user reviews for the Cakewalk Sonar X3 Standard

General Sequencer from Cakewalk belonging to the Sonar X3 series.

( 5/5 based on 2 reviews )
1 user review
  • Grand-class Sequencer

Cakewalk Sonar X3 StandardPublié le 10/19/14 à 01:46
    Hassle-free installation, you only need to let yourself be guided through the process. The code is on the bag. The software comes with a short quickstart guide. But I haven't read it, which says it all.
    Well-designed product with some effects and plug-ins. With the VSTs and DXis available on the market, you have a first-class tool for the composer who likes to push himself to the limit. I recommend it! Especially given the price!!!

I use it on my Toshiba notebook with 3Gb RAM, 17" screen - 3OO Mb HDD + Kingston 128 Gb USB keys to save everything!!! The computer is already three years old but, believe me, it's still great for anything: Music, writing, reading, programming, playing (for those who love that!). A good old PC to do everything you wish.
    With the excellence of Sonar you can have a blast making good audio/midi music. Don't think it twice, go for it. Especially since the plug-ins integrate perfectly in the tabs, which allows for an easy access without cluttering the screen. it's just great!

I've been using Sonar X3 for several months together with my other software tools and I'm thrilled. Moreover, I still use my Medion desktop PC which is also capable of running the programs (Cakewalk Sonar X3, Cubase Element, Project 5, etc...) without any problems. They are not too memory-hungry and 1Gb of RAM is more than enough.
  • Excellent product.

Cakewalk Sonar X3 StandardPublié le 03/20/14 à 03:09
    Easy to install (somewhat long, but these days...) although I had several issues; files corrupted by the convolution reverb.

Installed on an iMac i3 with 12GB ram running Windows 8.1.

The product is very slick and stable and the interface is nice. It's the only product that makes me regret having quit Windows.

I reopened some old projects, I was tempted to remake them from scratch and everything was passed along very well (only some small issues regarding the soundcard and the Virtual Sound Canvas TTS Cakewalk module).

This product is truly very good and even if it isn't as good as its competitors in terms of MIDI, it has all essential functions.

It lacked......

Installed on an iMac i3 with 12GB ram running Windows 8.1.

It lacked Melodyne and the addition of the Nomad Factory plug-ins is a very good point.

I have been using up to this day and haven't noticed any big changes in relation to the previous version. Other than the plug-ins.

For me, it's the best DAW product under Windows in terms of value for money. You get your money's worth and much more. No more excuses for not achieving good results.
    It compares easily to Logic Pro X on Mac OS and even if I like better the latter, Sonar can certainly convince even the most picky among us.

I used Cubase for quite some time (+/-12 years), I use Logic and Studio One often (and very rarely Reaper) and I must say that Sonar X3 Studio deserves a very good place among them.

Unfortunately, it's only available for Windows and that's its only negative point. On Mac it would have to compete with Logic, which makes it less interesting.

$49 for the upgrade from X2 Studio is incredible!!! That means $49 for the Nomad, Melodyne and other plug-ins. As for the rest, I see little changes.

It's a nice product that, even for $250 is well worth the price.

PS - The video regarding the touch-screen possibilities is amazing!