Cockos Reaper 5

Reaper 5, General Sequencer from Cockos in the Reaper series.

Public price: $60 VAT

All user reviews for the Cockos Reaper 5

Average Score:4.5( 4.5/5 based on 2 reviews )
 1 user review50 %
 1 user review50 %
Audience: Anyone
gartunes04/13/2020

gartunes's review"Be Careful When Creating A File-Storage Folder"

Cockos Reaper 5
I installed Reaper, created a file on an external USB hard drive to try to contain the wave files, noticed a duplication of the main file, and deleted the second storage file. I had a "Test File" that was deleted as well. When I booted Reaper the next time, Reaper tried loading the song file which had been deleted and would not stop trying to load that song file. I've deleted Reaper three times and it will still not begin with a clean load.
mrgreymusic12/27/2018

mrgreymusic's review"Full featured and intuitive, great price for beginner."

Cockos Reaper 5
I'm running it through Windows 10 on a really old and cheap Dell Optiplex 360 (which also cost about 60 bucks). It runs fine most of the time, the PC stuggles when pushed, not a fault of the software - I had it happen with other DAWs I was testing.

The video tutoirials are a real plus point for me. I just dip in to get the bit of knowledge I need - pretty comprehensive for a low level user like me.

Good native included plug ins and support for external so no problems on that score, unlike some other free/cheap DAWs.

Can't pick out any really 'unique' features. Does at least what other ones I tried. I looked at Ardour - both Linux and Windows, Studio One, Tracktion and one more whose name escapes me (sorry). Reaper is best for me by quite a way.