MOTU Digital Performer 4
MOTU Digital Performer 4

General Sequencer from MOTU belonging to the Digital Performer series.

noize_organizer noize_organizer
Published on 01/25/06 at 02:49
Installation nickel.
The French manual (almost 1000 pages ...) is happiness.

PowerBook G4
No problem
Must not overload plugs in, but OK for compo
stability ok

6 months of use
I previously worked in Cubase SX that I found quite good but a little dense graphic and definitely not to my liking in terms of audio engine.
I bought ProTools in parallel for compatibility but I think Digidesign drop the vampire as soon as I can (even for my studio pro). I am really angry with their marketing policy, their failure to follow their minds and unjustified monopoly.
I like the opening of DP and all MOTU products abroad. The possibilities of the gas plant are just awesome and the integration of Reason is a marvel of user-friendliness.
Music in the image (and component mix) is very flexible and precision pleasurable.
When I think of decision-heads I had with ProTools to make it work a bit with Reason, never again!
Now that the G5 is, I believe it is time to make smart choices ...
One downside: no way currently to create an insertion point in the virtual mix out via the audio interface and return (eg to insert a compressor or EQ physics) ... a function of ProTools handy for possessing the outboard.
There is always the possibility to route the output of the track on the audio interface, to insert the external re-enter on another track ... a bit tedious but it has the advantage of managing the gain posted in the said outboard ... to follow.
The price / quality ratio is unbeatable and ogling the side of Unisyn if you have any synths.
I would definitely do it again this election and I am even ready to make the promotion of this great product.