PreSonus Studio One 2
PreSonus announced version 2 of Studio One, its DAW for Mac OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion) and Windows XP/Vista/7 (and soon, Windows 8).
Version 2 offers 100 new features and enhancements, including new takes on multitrack comping, multitrack MIDI editing, transient detection and editing with groove extraction, and Folder Tracks. Studio One 2 also offers integrated Melodyne pitch correction.
Here are some of the important new features in Studio One 2.
- Integrated Melodyne pitch correction. Studio One 2 integrates Celemony’s Melodyne, making it a part of Studio One. You hear your edits in context with the rest of the arrangement, and when finished editing, render the audio in place—no track transfers or manual rendering. Furthermore, edits made in the arrangement are synced in Melodyne. Melodyne Essentials comes with Studio One Professional 2; Studio One Artist 2 and Producer 2 come with a Melodyne trial version.
- Transient detection, editing, and groove extraction. In Studio One, you select an audio event and press Q to quantize. Groove extraction works as drag-and-drop; you can extract a groove from any audio and apply it to any other audio in seconds, PreSonus says.
- Multitrack comping. Single and multitrack comping require ,o tool-switching, and crossfading between takes is automated, although you can edit the fades. Auditioning takes is done by holding Alt and clicking on a take.
- Find. Studio One’s Browser offersaccess to instruments, effects, sounds, files, and more. In version 2, you can search within any location in the Browser.
- Organize your tracks. Organizing related tracks and working with them as a groupcan be done with Folder Tracks. You can group and bus your Folder Tracks.
- Edit multiple MIDI tracks simultaneously. Now you can view and edit more than one instrument track at a time in the Music Editor, including editing multiple parts on different Tracks at once.
- Plug-in collection. The Ampire guitar-amp modeler is now Ampire XT and features new amp models, a new convolution-based cabinet-modeling section and an effects section. And the new OpenAIR convolution reverb features reverberation based on real spaces and hardware reverbs. To top it off, with the new IR Maker, you can capture your own impulse responses.
- Mastering with Studio One Professional. Version 2 adds DDP Export, PQ editing, and a declared higher-quality sample-rate conversion.
PreSonus now offers three versions of Studio One 2: Artist, Producer, and Professional:
Studio One Artist features the core audio and MIDI recording and editing features, plus 26 32-bit effects plug-ins and 4 virtual instruments, and there is no limit on track count and plug-in instantiations. Studio One Producer includes everything in Studio One Artist and adds support for ReWire and AU/VST plug-ins, MP3 import and export, and additional third-party content.
Studio One Professional has everything in Studio One Artist and Producer and adds the Project page, an integrated mastering solution; fully licensed Melodyne Essential pitch correction; SoundCloud support; Red Book CD burning; video playback and sync; and five more Native Effects plug-ins.
Pricing & Availability:
Studio One 2 is expected to ship on November 1, 2011. Anticipated street/MAP prices are: Studio One Artist $99; Studio One Producer $199; and Studio One Professional $399. Upgrade paths enable users to move up as their needs grow.
For more information, visit studioone.presonus.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- algoriddim djay for iOS 5 algoriddim, makers of djay Apps for Mac and iOS devices, today announced changes to its djay App for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to take advantage of the newly released features of iOS 5.
- IK Multimedia Sampletank for iOS IK Multimedia announces that SampleTank for iPhone/iPod touch is now available in the iTunes App store.
- Sound Magic BlueStone Piano Sound Magic releases the BlueStone Piano Convertible Version, which adds support to both Windows and Mac 64-Bit; the Convertible Version also provides AudioUnit plugin format besides the original Windows VST version.