PreSonus Studio One Professional
PreSonus Studio One Professional

Studio One Professional, General Sequencer from PreSonus in the Studio One 1 series.

Mcjs 05/04/2013

PreSonus Studio One Professional : Mcjs's user review

« Usability, usability »

• Partager
Very easy setup, very light program, light and very fast installation of upgrades (and not too often, unlike with other brands).

Rarely overloaded; X79 PC I7-3820, 32Gb RAM, 480 Gb SSD and six 1T HDDs; CG GTX580 and GT610, 4 Full HD displays. Interface: It depends, but mainly a Steinberg UR28 due to the possibility to toggle between different monitors. It has never crashed.

It must be 5 years since I use it and follow the product. I used to use Protools and have Live 9 Suite, too (after having Live 8, etc.). This is my reference DAW, even if I have several programs to work with on the projects I get from other studios. I'm nevertheless thinking about buying PT11 and Cubase 7 for compatibility reasons. PT because I'm used to it and it's the software I work the fastest with. I'll still follow Presonus products, even if I'm not a big fan of the hardware. Studio one is super intuitive, practical, easy, and fast User manual? Does it have one? Oh, well... I've never read it. There's no need to. For me, the first criterion to choose gear is that there's no need to read the manual. With S1 it was love at first sight, from the first versions. A small drawback: The controllers and MIDI pianos. They could do better in this respect. It seems they've had a developer or a whole department on leave since 2007. Another small drawback that has always been a hurdle: The 64-bit versions accept only 64-bit plug-ins. Fortunately, almost everybody has made the jump, but I still have to bridge some 32-bit plug-ins, which I don't want to do without (the compulsory Sonar patches, for example)