Steinberg Cubase Essential 4
Steinberg Cubase Essential 4

General Sequencer from Steinberg belonging to the Cubase Essential series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 03/10/09 à 01:54
(Originally written by wxc/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
No installation nor incompatibility problems. I did however update Syncrosoft to avoid any problems. I don't use the user's manual a lot since I previously used Cubase SE3.

I installed it on a Compaq C550EM Intel Celeron M laptop running Vista Basic. Everything works fine with the sound card of the PC and I use the ASIO 4 ALL driver to get good results because CUBASE ESSENTIAL 4 requires more CPU resources than CUBASE SE3. If your PC isn't up to the task you can always use the freeze function to solve the problem. I'm personally thinking about buying an external sound card like the M-AUDIO AUDIOPHILE USB, which isn't too expensive!

The software is very stable and reliable under Vista Basic.

I've been using it for a few days only and I'm very satisfied with it.

The GUI looks great (like Cusbase 4) and I love the amazing sounds Halion One provides, but the program is rather basic and has only one VST.

The product is not expensive considering its quality. I get much better results than with my Cubase SE3. I'm very satisfied so I would buy it again. I give it only an 8 because one VST is not enough. Fortunately there are many free VSTs available on the web! It's a great product.