or

Thread Getting Started...

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Getting Started...
Hello all,

The Names Dan, but you can all stick with Jason cause its my screen name :D

I'm super interested in music, and especially the tech that sounds it (E.g, Pro Audio, Mics, acoustics, Recording, Mixing, you know... all the studio recording stuff) I'm into metal and pretty much any sub-genre associated with it apart from Nu-Metal and some of the more punk influenced hardcore stuff. And i also play guitar. (Quite well, but lets not be modest :P)

[hr /]

I have two or three projects on the go at the moment that are in the pre-production stages. My mates at school are musical freaks, and are writing a album at the moment (where only meant to record a track to get graded on, but i want to do a full studio album so where doing that and handing up the best track.) And my band is also writing stuff at the moment, but nothing will happen with that for a bout half a year. (We all have jobs ;) lol)

I really want to find out how to record a good, solid, tight sounding album, or even just a few tracks. At the moment no matter what i do to the room i am in or what mic placing i use, the tracks turn out with heaps of reverb. So ill be asking about that in a future post some time soon. And also how to clean up the guitar and drum tracks to make them sound really tight together.

My aspiration in life is to build my own business recording and mixing local (hopefully big bands haha :P) and even maybe later move onto a full music business that provides a record label, management and promotion services.

[hr /]

I'm currently saving up for the following:

Presonus FireStudio 26 Simultaneous I/O Fire-Wire Inteface = $1400

Byer Mixing Cans = $350

SM 57 = $100

Legend Axis 5 Large Diaphragm Studio Mic: $150

I have a strict budget of $2000, and I've already got $400 (after recovering from buying my new guitar) if i keep working at the pace that i am (I can and i will) i will have it by the end of June.

If anyone has any suggestions a better item(s) to buy for roughly the same budget, please let me know :)

[hr /]

I'm only 16, but this is my life, i love doing this, and I'm willing to learn, what you all teach me will help me archive my dreams and hopefully keep me out of factory work :P (not really but you get my point :D)

I thank you in advance for any help you may give me along the way.

Dan (Jason :P)