or
Create an account

or

Thread My Set Up - Help!

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 My Set Up - Help!
Hi guys, ok so i got my equipment and heres what i thought about the set up.

Ok

TO MINIDISC VIA AUX OUT THEN BACK TO MIXER VIA TAPE IN

|^| |^|
INPUTS ==> PRE-AMPS ETC ==> MIXER ==> SOUND CARD (VIA ALT 3-4 BUS)==> LAPTOP (VIA USB) ==> BACK INTO MIXER TO A STEREO CHANNEL.

MIXER = UB1204FX PRO
SOUND CARD = EDIROL UA20
LAPTOP = NOT SURE YET
MINI DISC = SONY MINI DISC DECK

PS - I will also be doing LP + Tape to CD so there will be extra inputs also. And maybe doing stuff to minidisc

thanks
studiohead
What do you want to record? :)
Well... I will be doing vocal recording with keyboard and electric and acoustic guitar. Plus i will be adding midi to the set up at a later date (mushc later!!!)

ok thanks again

studiohead

ps the set up picture is wrong. it sould go preamps and compression etc - mixer - sound card - then out of sound card aux to a stereo mixer channel - then out to a minidisc from the mixer via tape out - then back in from the minidisc to tape in. eventually i will add midi applications but i want to get the main audio set up first

thanks again

studio head
Ok mate that's the right way!
But be sure if the laptop you will buy has at least 520mb RAM (I would recomend even more)
Now let's talk about monitors, have you ever though about that? M-Audio has pretty good monitors at a very afordable price!
You might be interested to get a mixer with more channels, this Behringer's one is pretty good (for recording) but I would also recommend you to get one with more channels because if in the future you wish to record something using more tracks.
Have you tought of what software are you going to use? And what about drum machines?

YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!

Jonas

enemistar - psychedelic, progresive, modern rock