or
Create an account

or

Thread help w/ soundcard/gear please

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 help w/ soundcard/gear please
I'm an aspiring musician in need of help from other musicians who may have been in my shoes at an earlier time. I'm interesested in processing audio on my computer using any and all available instruments. Although I'm still a bit confused on what to purchase. I assume my first piece of gear will have to be a good soundcard. I have a 1 Ghz AMD Duron with 512mb of pc133 ram and a 60 gb hard drive. If you have any suggestions on some possible soundcards I would appreciate it. Also any other info at all about the whole subject in general would be helpful, I need all the info I can get. I'd like to have the capability to input any and all sounds/instruments and then mix and edit on the PC. Mainly I will want to use drums, guitar, bass, keyboard/synthesizer and just randoms sounds I can input with the mic. I appreciate any and all info you can offer, as I said I'm pretty much a beginner... oh yeah, i am on a budget. I can't spend much more than $500 for the whole computer setup (soundcard and speakers)

Thanks alot