or
Create an account

or

Thread Is Cool Edit As good as I think it is??

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Is Cool Edit As good as I think it is??
Hello there, Im new to this site and Im somewhat new to recording at home. My question is: A while back on my old computer, I was using Cool Edit Pro 2.0. I found it to be very easy to use and it produced a decent sounding recording. Since my last computer died a horrible death, I was wondering if there are any other programs similar in style to CEP?
Being the perfectionist that I am I dont like using software that plays my music for me. (CakeWalk, etc.)
So basically all that blabbing comes down to this: I like Cool Edit Pro 2.0, is there any progams that are similar? And what are their pros and cons compared to CEP?
I realize that's a pretty big question, but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.
I thank you all in advance for any advice that you can give me...
Thanks.
Haze,
Cool Edit Pro is now Adobe Audition. I don't actually believe you can legally get Cool Edit in the box anymore, unless you find it on ebay.

I've heard that Adobe Audition is basically the same as CEP 2.1, though. I have 2.0, and I don't go for the upgrade (they offer a free up- to registered users of CEP 2.0 and up), 'cause I'm having a fine time with it as is.

What happened to your CEP 2.0? :(

Rog.