or
Create an account

or

Thread Little help

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Little help
Hello. I'm new to the whole home recording thing, and could use a little help. I would like to record my own music, but I think I would like to eventually take it a step further and record other people's music as well. I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world. I kind of prefer something a little more hands on. I don't own any of my own equipment yet, and could use a little help narrowing down the choices. I have done a fair amount of research on the process of recording and mixing, and have even been lucky enough to sit through a couple of recording sessions at a professional studio. I just need some help getting started. I don't want to blow my hard earned money on equipment that isn't what i expected. Little help. Thanks.

papasauls
papasauls-

In order to avoid blowing your hard earned dough, you need to take some time and think about exactly what it is you want to do. Project studio? Record track at a time? Record a whole band? What platform do you want to work on? Tape? Mac? PC? What level of quality are you looking to put out? Rough demo? Pro CD? What types of music do you want to do? Metal? Hip Hop? Acoustic?

The answers to all of these will help determine what you need. And in what order, too.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Hey. Thanks for the reply. I realize my first post was kind of vague. Sorry about that. I posted again and tried to be a little more specific. I'm looking to build a project studio, and it would be great if I could EVENTUALLY record a whole band at one time. As far as what platform, I want to work with digital, not tape. I've seen the cost and difficulty of working with analog, and I don't think I can handle that (at least not yet). Mac or PC? Well, I have very limited experience with Mac's but I'm a quick learner and I'm sure that my present PC is inadequate for making professional quality recordings. I do want my finished product to be of professional quality and on CD's. I'd like to be able to record, mix, and master the music all myself. As far as the types of music, it would vary. Not much hip-hop or the like, though I don't want to limit myself, for I have interest in all types of music. If you could, please read my other post, the subject is "sorry, i wrote before i read", it will tell you what it is that I'm looking for. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

papasauls