or
Create an account

or

Thread Hello all! Please help! Not so good achievements!

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Hello all! Please help! Not so good achievements!
Hi everyone! A year ago I started on turning my PC for recording music. I normally record guitar and voice through a Tascam mixer to my sound card, but it's the one originally with the PC (HP Pavillion). I use ACID Music 4.0 and n-Track for recording, looping and multi tracking and rendering through Acid. The results have been OK, but I'm sure I can have better results, since after burning the CD the songs sound with a lower volume and "flat". I'm not an expert, I don't know the difference between number of bits, Hz, etc. What would you recommend me? A new soundcard? Upgrade Acid to Acid Pro? Which would be the best parameters of bits and Hz and method of recording to achieve a higher and better final sound? Is there a software for post-production, mastering, which could allow me to equalize and heighten the volume of the final sound before burning? Help Please! Thanks!
You're on the right track. To produce decent mixes, you need a decent soundcard. Take a look at the MAudio stuff- good stuff, good price.

You also need some decent reference monitors. MAudio is also making some good budget stuff in this area. I have a pair of Event 20/20bas- seems people either love 'em or hate 'em. I like mine.

Lastly, if your final mixes are low volume and flat sounding, you could definitely benefit from some Mastering software. I use Sound Forge for this. It's not cheap, but it works well. If your volume is low, you probably aren't tracking or mixing down hot enough. A little compression will help, either outboard from an external unit as you track, or as a software plugin after the fact. There are different uses for both. Easy does it on cpmpression, though. It's easy to suck the life out of your recording by overdoing it.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD