or
Create an account

or

Thread NEW HOME STUDIO! NEED ADVICE

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 NEW HOME STUDIO! NEED ADVICE
Hey everyone, my name is sun. im a pianist trying to take the extra step and create some nice tracks with my new triton studio 88 keyboard and my powermac g5 (dual 2). as of now that is all i have. i need some pointers on what to purchase to complete my studio. Ive been looking at the mackie dxb mixing board but that is still in the future.

What software do i need to purchase? cubase sx? protools LE?

What hardware do i need to purchase? i.e....interfaces, and such.

Which mixing board do you guys recommend for me to purchase when i do decide to purchase one?

Please keep in mind that im very new at this, and, as of now, i am very lost with all these new technical terms, modules, model numbers, brands etc.....we all gotta start somewhere though. so, basically i need help with what everything....purchasing the basics is a great way to start. i have plenty of funds for my new studio so price isnt much of an issue (i just dont want to spend a million dollars if you know what i mean)

i get very good deals on everyting i purchase, so with a litttle help from you guys i will be able to return the favor with some great prices.

Thanx a million guys!

Your responses are very much appreciated!
Hello!

It's difficult to answer your question ;-)
Try to visit the different part of this forum, you will find a lot of really good advices.

Just a thing: take a look at the MBOX sound card, because you have pro tools with the hadware.
A g5 and new triton keyboard.... AWESOME. Off to a good start. Depending on what you wanna do I'd recommend Protools LE, or Logic 6. Check out reviews on the net for control surfaces and what not, and see whats right for you.