or
Create an account

or

Thread Connecting my digital recorder up to my mixer.

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion Connecting my digital recorder up to my mixer.
I need help in connecting my Boss BR1600cd digital recorder up to my Mackie 1402 vlz mixer. I am getting some very nice sounding recordings using the Boss recorder itself, Iam wondering if using my Mackie 1402 VLZ in conjuction with the Boss recorder if I could achieve even greater recordings. I have had my Mackie for a couple of years and have not even used it. Could someone please help me on how to connect the two.
How you connect it would depend on what you want to do with it. Honestly, though, I can't see how you would gain much by doing this.... unless the Mackie pre amps sound a LOT better than the ones on your recorder.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Thanks Axeman for your reply to my query. At this stage I dont know if the pre-amp on the Mackie would enhance my recorded signal at all. What I need to know is a step by step on the connecting of the two components. I have been recording for a coupl of years now,mainly instumentals but when it comes to hooking up Iam a newbie.
Well, I would try to bypass the Boss preamps, so I would hook the main outputs of the Mackie to and auxiliary line in or tape in on the Boss if it has one. If it doesn't, you could bring it in as a line level signal through a channel strip, but you would still be dealing with the Boss preamp.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD