or
Create an account

or

Thread Which is the best editing software?

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Which is the best editing software?
I posted a while ago when I was trying to decide whether or not to keep Pro Tools LE and my Mbox.

I decided to keep it, and after using it for about 3 weeks I have decided that it will not work with my laptop.
Since I don't want to buy a new laptop, I'm going to bring back the Mbox with ProTools LE and exchange it for a different program and hardware.

I need help deciding which one to get.
I need an interface device like the Mbox, because I don't need more than a couple of inputs. Also, I have heard Cubase SX is really good.

I am not a professional by any stretch, so I probably won't use the very advanced features of the software. So would Cubase SL work for me?

Also, is there a better program out there for recording and editing audio and midi tracks, in the same price range $300 - $500 ?

Please give me some recommendations.

Thanks
I'd try an Edirol UA-25 ($239 street):

Cakewalk and Cubase are the two primary programs that most home users seem to gravitate to. PGMusic also makes a program called Power Tracks Pro which is a good value (and very cheap).
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Will that Edirol interface work with either program?
Also, how good is the preamp in it?
Yes.

I don't have firsthand knowledge on the preamp quality, but the unit seems to get decent reviews.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD