or
Create an account

or
1 Comments about the feature article: If You're Thinking About Getting a Pedalboard - Part 2
If You're Thinking About Getting a Pedalboard - Part 2
In the second and last installment, we’ll cover three main issues that you need to work out order to get your pedalboard up and running: The order of the pedals, how to get power to them, and how to attach them securely.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Key takeaway: Buy every single pedal in this pedalboard:

getting-started-1212611.jpg

And you'll sound like David Gilmour :)

source
:lol: Wow, that's quite a pedalboard. The craziest pedal setup I ever saw was that of Alex Lifeson of Rush. I was doing a story on the band years ago, and was allowed to go to their rehearsal space (they were rehearsing for that particular tour in a small arena, believe it or not) and check out their gear. As I recall, Lifeson's setup had tons of pedals, multiple splitters and at least two amps. It was so complicated you'd need a schematic to trace the signal path. Frankly, it was overkill, if you ask me. The whole band's gear was overkill. Believe it or not, for a three piece band they had close to 80 inputs going into the board. A big chunk of that was from Neal Peart's drum kit, which was acoustic on one side (with about a million toms, it seemed like) and swiveled around to an electronic kit on the other side. I pity his drum tech. :mdr: