DOD SR430QX
DOD SR430QX
Oliviercool Oliviercool
Publié le 06/21/06 à 22:18
Analog Graphic Equalizer 2 x 15 strips 2 / 3 octave constant Q 1U rack. With a pair of input - output by 6.3 mm TRS jack and XLR. In addition to the 2 x 15 bands (+ / - 12 dB), can adjust the gain (+ / - 12 dB, 21 dB max total), to operate the high-pass filter and the bypass. S / N Ratio: 92 dB.

The graphic equalizer is intended primarily for the stage. Indeed, I intend to balance the frequencies so as to adapt the sound of my group on the facade of speakers that are very different from each other depending on which one falls (because we do not own PA, we rely organizers for this). To this end, I plug the output of my Akai DPS16 MASTER which I use both of us multitrack recording and mixing desk that takes all the instruments (mostly electronic) via bounce upstream. This means that the graphic equalizer to me is not only to equalize the sound but as égallement direct box (since it has XLR outputs and my fate DPS16 cinch) and stereo or even as a splitter (as he XLR and jack output - TRS, in addition). Live, I box in a flight case in which I put 3U also two mixers Behringer RX1602 rack 1U me prémixent synths before attacking the Akai and on which I ask him: practical and compact ^ ^

Simpler than that you die! No need to read the instructions for use ^ ^

MO-RTEL, sound !!!!! Before, I did not use graphic equalizers, as disappointment ceului integrated with my favorite audio editing software, the Adobe Audition. I only use the parametric equalizer that software which is very correct. But now, thanks to its exceptional DOD (thanks probably to his constant Q), the equalizer will soon myself indispensable, whether on stage or in studio. This graphic equalizer me do a good forward in my musical home studio setup and I'm sure it will be well on stage :-))))) A graphic equalizer particularly efficient with my sound which suddenly has relief.

I'm really happy with my purchase, the equalizer goes way beyond my expectations, especially at this price (less than 200 CHF - 130 euros).

Advantages:
<ul>

Its exceptional sound

Set of inputs - XLR

Set of input - output jack TRS

</ul>
Its inconveinients:
<ul>

Very shallow (12.6 cm) to attach the cables behind, it's really a little daredevil. Indeed, most of them of my racks are at least 1.5x deeper, see: this causes so amazing acrobatics with their hands in order to reach the connectors, with the loss of time it causes when mounting the stage ... :-((( Nothing because of this, I would note down his eight out of 10.

Very shallow (12.6 cm): I can not put my portable DAT Tascam DA-P1 on, now, the studio ^ ^ Also, you can not fit my other Korg D16 multitrack live it. However, it is tiny ^ ^ Unless you use a flyghtcase but these are expensive :-(((

Has no LED POWER

Has no VU meter or diode saturation input

</ul>
But that's just the little things, it will get better ^ ^

Initially, I wanted to get a Korg KEC-42, a parametric equalizer 4-channel compressor - expander integrated analog - all in a single 1U ^ ^, but it is practically not found ^ ^

Oh, by the way, mine is a little shaky ... :-((( I hope this does not help to return to my future flightcase 3U ... This is the first time I see a shaky camera rack ^ ^

Well, now (December 2005), DOD released its successor, the DOD SR430XLR but I see no difference between the two, except the screen indicating the model, at least at first sight ... ^ ^