- There is an effect section: several reverbs on one side, several of the other delays, and a button for efx, which is composed of many effects as the limiter, compressor, enhancer, lo fi chorus and many others. it works in chain.
- Sounds, good bin, there's about 12 or 15 drum kits, and we can do the same in users. There's Junos and sounds great synths of the mark. It is also based on the JV1080 according to Wikipedia. y 'pianos, organs, violins, samples ptits 90s, bass.
- The sequencer allows you to sequence very long sentences, I know I think it's 24 tips for the 4/4.y has a track drums + 7 instrument tracks to choose from (it's been a lot)
- The quantize is VERY advanced, ie basically forget your softwares, you want to groove? truth? you turn to Roland or Akai or the boss out of it ... It can not be wrong, but I give up my personal software for the r & b, dance and rap west coast. plus there are different variations of grooves adapted to quantize the rumba, the dance, hip hop etc. ... but above all, the most important point is that quantize ALL instruments at the same time (well if you want, you can quantize a single instrument if they want) What causes sound fantastic if properly adjusted. And this in 2 minutes. Try to do the same with your computer sequencer hey hey, and go in 2 hours in the best case, and in one week in the worst ...
- Can you edit the sounds? Well actually, I did just a little cuttoff, my interest is mainly to find INNNOVA soul jazz harmonies. So in my opinion, with the knobs, we can already crushing sound without going into the LFOs.
The configuration is not super simple. Being as computer, it's not too hard for me, but it often takes to press shift.
Cons by careful, once you understand, you work without looking at the screen and is much better than watching the screen. So you concentrate on the music!
The manual is on top, very detailed and well structured.
The functions are not very ergonomic. Must be seen against the background: 1998, future of some boy band, (rip philip nikolic) ... Assassination of 2 pac (rip) with sounds that were mostly made by johnny d (rip) with his SP1200. Biggy Smalls murder (rip) but in the boxes that passed was everystep you take the producer Puff Daddy (not rip).
So the musqiue was not as modern as now. and equipment, either.
Well, that is, at first I was surprised by the sound quality. "What in 98, the sounds were good like that!"
Yeah, for cons, I listen to the drums at the beginning, and then I said, it looks p'tain old rap hits of the 90s.
So I got scared .. and then after only a week ago, I realized that the effects and carefully choosing the samples, we could have a sound totally current quantize with a crazy dance that is.
Then the bass are excellent, listen to the presets funk: it's Earth Wind and Fire, totally. The sound of piano juno suit me perfectly. We can do wha wha guitars, with the arpeggiator that sound FANTASTIC hell.
The arpeggiator offers a variety of emerging arpeggiators different, all great.
then you'll probably ask my big questio, n 'it's worth anything compared to VSTS?
And you doubt that I will answer for a composer: it is better to have sound slightly less good and a very practical tool rather than an instrument not practical (the computer)
But the worst ... Is that the compounds have a leg above the noise, because the dynamics between the sl excellent 505, quantize, and the tab sound synthesizers, and although my songs have reached a new stage with the best fruity loops, unquestionably, and all that, much easier than fruity.
The sounds are realistic except for the violins, but good if you compose music for film, we take the vst.
For hip hop, dance, trance and house music is very good. The sound is round and we dance.
On fruity, it's hard, the sound is flat, and tries to dance but falls asleep on a jerky beat.
I use it for 3 weeks.
I also mc 303, not bad, but still nothing to see in terms of sounds. well for the hardcore basses.la 303 or the MC 303 does not have enough ram.
Currently the 505 mc is not worth much, and it's still a very beautiful instrument! more memory is very large and we can put another memory card.
The size is a bit boring, but otherwise, the metallic look, senssass! That's another thing that IT
I made a video of mc 505, but since I did some stuff with a thousand times better already.
yes I would do this choice!
In conclusion, this instrument does not look, but it's a tiger inside. To make rnb, or groove, that's fine. the same kind of rap you hear today on radio, but must choose the sounds.
What is great is to have an instrument totu one that does not sample, but allows hands instructed to make things even sumptuous funk.
Fruity cons will be by far better for someone who is dealing with loops, it is also great for it