Behringer X V-Amp
Behringer X V-Amp
MGR/drkobza MGR/drkobza

« Behringer V-Max »

Published on 08/17/04 at 15:00
I was just wondering on ebay for multi-effects (as I don't like to pay too much bucks for lone effects and have no six feet to switch at once all) when I found this Behringer with very impressive price/performance ratio. After having read the online manual I decided to get one. For a total of 70$ (incl. shipping) I got it.

I has a wide variety of sounds and effects (no need to list them - check the website). You can easily make yourself a desirable sound. Built in expression pedal is programable so you can add some extra to you effects onstage. That's all and that's enough!

Bad news it takes some minutes to switch from a preset to the other! I wonder it were the same on the pro version?
The factory presets are mainly useless but you can fine tune them to suit. The expression pedal doesn't really work in volume mode as a good volume pedal.

The plastic case won't last long for a guitar-crasher heavy band. Don't use it in dim condition because won't be able to read the second functions.

Handy good tool if you don't want to carry a bag full of effects but want to use many. Not professional but worthy for it price. Only for patient on stage users!
I'm thinking of upgrading for the pro (if it could switch at once) for more versatile preset reaching and external effect control.