Fractal Audio Systems AX8

All user reviews for the Fractal Audio Systems AX8

Guitar Amp Simulation Pedal from Fractal Audio Systems .

Audience: Advanced users Value For Money : Correct
  • stadelmannstadelmann

Very good, professional-sounding, and practical !!

Fractal Audio Systems AX8Published on 08/25/17 at 13:28
    I use it for playing Rock, Blues, Hard.
    At home, I plug it straight to my 8" KRK monitors.
    In rehearsal, it gets into an Engl E810 poweramp/20 stereo ins outs and to an Orange PPC212C modified cab in Stereo.
    Simulations are very, very realistic. The settings are clearly extreme.
    The delays, flangers, drive, whammy, rotary (and so on) are exceptional (much better than a Kemper – according to me, of course). The practical aspect of having the preamps, sims and so on directly on your pedalboard makes for a real pleasure: no need for an additional amp or pedalboard on the road. A real professional conception.
    I use it for playing Rock, Blues, Hard.
    At home, I plug it straight to my 8" KRK monitors.
    Simulations are very, very realistic. The settings are clearly extreme.
    For the record, I’ve owned the Kemper 6 for 3 years, the FX8 for 6 months and I recently got the AX8.
    The French importer is very nice and reactive!
    A great product that sounds great, editing is very easy and intuitive but you can easily get into deep settings if you have spare time :-). I’m very happy with it so far, and I’m now planning to sell my great FX8 while keeping my Kemper, although it sort of acts as a duplicate now – I still haven’t managed or taken the time to reach the same dynamics or organic grain that I have on my Kemper.
    A cons: still no patch exchange platform for AX8 and FX8.