VOX Amplification (Winter NAMM 2011 booth 6440) introduces the ToneLab EX, the latest addition to its ToneLab line of Valvetronix modeling pedals.
There are 200 programs available in the ToneLab EX (100 user programmable; 100 preset). Fifty of the presets are “Song Presets” – each one created to capture the signature guitar tone of a well-known song.
The ToneLab EX relies on a real 12AX7 vacuum tube (valve) to capture the tone quality of a tube-driven amplifier, a feature not found in other modeling units. In addition to 33 amp models, the ToneLab EX also provides simulations of 11 speaker cabinets. The cabinet and amp models can be mixed and matched to suit the user’s preference.
A total of 45 effects are provided:
• 11 Distortions
• 15 classic stomp boxes effects
• 11 Modulation types
• 4 Delay types including Tap Tempo
• 3 Reverb types and Noise reduction
New to the ToneLab EX are the 11 distortions, which can be used in place of amp modeling to drive the front of a user’s amplifier. Up to nine effects can be used at once (when including Noise Reduction and Expression Pedal). A chromatic tuner is also built-in, offering both normal and strobe modes for viewing during performance. Another feature of the ToneLab EX is the “Stomp-Box” mode, where the individual effects can be turned on and off using the footswitch controls, like on a custom pedalboard.
Set to the Amp Mode, the output offers three settings, to suit several amplifier types. Set to the Line Mode, a three-band Total Equalizer allows the tone to be matched to any venue or sound system, according to VOX. The Line In is available for jamming along to CDs, MP3s, etc.
A personal monitoring system allows for backstage tweaking, editing and rehearsing – as well as programming – without the need for additional amps or equipment. For private use, a headphone jack is also provided.
Finally, a USB port is provided, allowing a cable audio connection to a computer’s digital recording software.
Pricing & Availability
VOX Tonelab EX will be available February 2011 with a U.S. MSRP of $500.00.
For more information, visit www.voxamps.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.