< Tous les avis JJ / Tesla ECC83 S
JJ / Tesla ECC83 S
Linn Sondek Linn Sondek

«  Average for my taste »

Published on 11/23/13 at 08:48
This review concerns only two case and does not purport to judge the absolute quality of this type of lamp, probably satisfactory in other configurations.
Tested on the floor of a preamp combo Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and a U.S. Marshall Class 5 head, that JJ has not convinced me, far from it, compared to similar models from other brands.
On the Fender, I find insufficiently defined clean and acid drive. Of course, according to HP's, some differences may occur. But in my case, with HP's such as Eminence Governor and Man O War and Jensen C12Q and C12N, DD is not at the party and an aggressive tone trend I do not like.
On the Class 5, I find this trend but less pronounced in view of the character and tonal balance "darker" this head clean, conversely, in Crunch it accentuates the bright side too and incisive. It may prove interesting on the other hand when connecting the HP to the headphone output of the Class 5 because then you lose a lot of treble.
In short! JJ is very, very far below other brands (Groove Tube, TAD, Sovtek, Ruby) in terms of balance and overall return on these two amps.

And by the way: do not confuse "need review" with "opinion with which I do not agree"!