[NAMM] Pigtronix Class A Boost
Pigtronix has shown its Class A Boost, designed to fatten up and boost "anything you feed it," at Summer NAMM.
The design uses transistors in a single-ended “Class A” configuration designed to achieve a warm tone. The preamp is designed to deliver up to 20db of clean boost and remain effective with both instrument and line level signals.
You can put the Class A Boost anywhere in your pedal chain. According to Pigtronix, it can add punch and extra output to a classic overdrive sound and is able to push distortion pedals into "extremely aggressive crunch land."
This pedal runs on 9 volts but ships with an 18 volt adapter.
- “Class A” single ended audio path
- Max input before overdrive clipping: 3.3V p-p
- Max output before clipping: 8.0V p-p
- 20Hz - 20KHz frequency response
- Gain range: 0 to 10.5
- 18VDC 300mA supply included
- Circuit Design by Howard Davis
- Sound Design by David Koltai
- Chassis Size = 2.4" x 4.4" x 1"
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Goodsell Amps Goodsell showcased several amps models at Summer NAMM, including the Super 17 MkIII and Dominatrix 18.
- [NAMM] Teuffel Tesla Ulrich Teuffel was present at Summer NAMM to showcase its newest guitar models of most unusual shapes.
- [NAMM] Levana Audio Mellow-D Audio effects and hardware manufacturers Levana Audio (Perry Attia) have introduced at Summer NAMM its latest effect pedal, Mellow-D, an analog delay.