Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy
psantoni psantoni

«  A good delay, BUT! (Synth use, bar ...) »

Published on 07/20/14 at 03:51
I will not repeat the comprehensive features of this pedal. Only the absence of an ON / OFF button is a bit heavy. BBD chip integrated into this pedal is a modern apartment low-cost version of the BBD chip Delux Memory Man resulting in impaired sound quality compared to its older brother.

Configuration and ease of use, manual very clear. A pleasure to use, however it must balance the gain according to the type of instrument input.

The pedal is clearly designed for guitars. Indeed to compensate for the quality of the BBD chip, HEX placed a low pass filter to smooth out the overall sound of the delay. The result is a bleak delay repeats which are deaf and altered.

I use it mainly on my Microbrute coupled with my modular A-100 (the effects loop through the modular). Pedal excels sounds lying in the upper spectrum (Lead, keys ...), then rehearsals contrast very well with the original sound is the best!

on the other hand, when the bottom of the spectrum is attacked is really ugly (boiled saturated and low inaudible).

I use it for a month, this is my first analog delay. DMB is very attractive thanks to integration possibilities it offers (tap tempo, effects loop pedal voltage Eurorack consistent phrase ...). on the other hand, very dark confines of his rehearsals for use in the upper spectrum.

To conclude I would say that the price / quality ratio is good, but it is a very particular delay to be used in awareness of its limitations.

Originally I wanted to invest in DMM with BDD OUR chips (almost triple the price) it is practically untraceable I pulled on his little brother. I'm still satisfied with my purchase and would do it again with your eyes closed ...