[NAMM][VIDEO] Vox Tone Garage guitar pedals
Vox introduces at Summer NAMM 2013 the new Tone Garage series, which features 5 analogue guitar pedals, including three valve models.
All the Vox Tone Garage pedals have a full analogue discrete circuit and are inspired by Boutique and modded stompboxes.
The three Flat 4 Boost, V8 Distortion and Straight 6 Drive are equipped with a Vox 12AX7 tube and include the new Vox Hi-Volt technology that sends a 200V voltage to the valve using the 6 AA battery or the 9V DC power supply in order to add more dynamics.
The Flat 4 Boost also includes a Baxandall EQ circuit.
The Double Decay Analog Delay features three Bucket Brigade V3205 chips and the Trike Fuzz (for octave and fuzz) uses diodes.
All the pedal are equipped with a switch that will alter the EQ settings and a true bypass, with aluminum enclosures and you will need 6 AA batteries or an external 9V DC power adaptor.
Here's the details of this new series:
- Flat 4 Boost: bass and treble Boost knobs and an on/off switch for medium frequencies ; volume, gain controls and Vox 12AX7 valve
- Straight 6: classic British-style overdrive with 12AX7 valve, volume, gain, bass and tone knobs, on/off Bright switch
- V8 Distortion: high gain distortion with 12AX7 tube, volume, gain, bass and tone knobs, on/off Mid Shift switch
- Double Deca: multifunction delay with three Bucket Brigade V3025 chips, that offers up to 900ms of delay, with level, modulation for extra chorus, feedback, time controls and a Long/Short/Combi three-way switch (300 or 900ms)
- Trike Fuzz: both diode fuzz and octave (one up, one down or both combined via a three-way switch), volume, gain, -2 Volume and +1 Tone knobs
The US price of the Trike Fuzz is $139 and the others will retail for $159. The Vox Tone Garage stompboxes will be available in september. Visit www.voxamps.com for further details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] The HT Metal available this autumn Blackstar announces at Summer NAMM that its HT Metal amps will be available this autumn and communicates their pricing.
- [NAMM] New versions of the Woody pickup Seymour Duncan announces that the Woody acoustic guitar pickup is now available in two new versions and finishes.
- [NAMM] Blackstar introduces the LT pedal Series Blackstar came to Summer NAMM with a new effect pedal series for guitar called LT.