Boss DS-1 Distortion - Full Rock - Modded by MSM Workshop
Boss DS-1 Distortion - Full Rock - Modded by MSM Workshop

DS-1 Distortion - Full Rock - Modded by MSM Workshop, Distortion from Boss.

Orcha 09/24/2011

Boss DS-1 Distortion - Full Rock - Modded by MSM Workshop : Orcha's user review

Typical configuration of the DS1, but this was more a 3 position switch for the character, and another two positions to gain.

It's simple, just tweak the sounds to find ... knowing that the switches can have six different sounds. This is also so easy to completely change the sound, no need to book.

Ah, finally we talk about something useful. The swith 3 positions allows for a very saturated its vintage fuzz type but there is a loss of sound for me. The intermediate position is a kind of boost with more grain. The third position is beautiful (the one I use as a fact) as a function of switch 2 position was either a distortion or an overdrive again with a grain vintage for me. The distortion is quite typed found the Iron Maiden to Led Zep through Black Sabbath, Cream Hedrix ... etc ... without the breath of origin nor the small nasal side of the original and most importantly, it is not at all noisy (I have a made in taiwan). Listed aouch overdrive! I never thought having a sound as warm with a DS1 ... great for rock but especially for the blues. Finally, to keep it simple so I put 10 BEAUTIFUL not because it is perfect, it is an opinion too subjective but the transformation is just sublime.

I use it for about 6 months. I had given up because it pleased me more than I found it really too noisy, I thought even at this crucial time to sell ... I came to the site MSMWORKSHOP which allowed me to keep it and especially to have fun with.
Without hesitation I do it again this election and especially I advise people with DS1 to do the same.
Have a look on their site because it offers interesting services.