MXR M116 Fullbore Metal
MXR M116 Fullbore Metal
heavy_donuts heavy_donuts
Publié le 05/09/11 à 08:32
Last brutal distortion pedal from MXR
As some distortion pedals in style, it is a little complicated ...
In addition to the basic EQ, it has a knob for frequency.
Also a built-in noise gate (a strong point of the pedal) that can adjust the help of an screwdriver unscrew the bottom plate. And a function (I remember his name) that serves as the outline. Both are activated via 2 mini switch with LED on the pedal.

Note that the pedal is incredibly lightweight, it weighs about half of the OV zack wilde

I bought this pedal OCCAZ, I needed to use it in repeat, on any amp, for my metal band.
I specify that only the tail of an amp missing distal thick

The pedal has a gain incredible distortion. See too. It is useless to exceed 12 ...
Like all pedals of this style, the combining of the EQ pedal knob freq + the extra you can get any type of grain distortion. Of course, it falls quickly in the field of synthetic, cold, inaudible, as very aggressive. After all depends on how you set the EQ of the amp. The sound palette is very broad
Warning treble bleed! For my part, they remain at 0

I needed a distortion pedal, I have this chopper. It is very much the case in my case, that is to say to use it only repeated, but not live.
I Jarte a Metalzone for this one and I am satisfied.
A big plus for his practical side of owning a noise gate, which avoids adding in a systematically.
And yes, non metalheads do not know what for a noise gate ..
Possessing a mesa recto on the other hand, I can tell you there's no picture, is not comparable.
Fullbore completely distorts the sound of your guitar, I plug a proof for telecaster and ESP above horizon, I see little difference.
In my opinion, it may do the trick for those unable / unwilling to invest in a high gain amp.
This is downright synthetic when you know amps like 6505, mesa recto, powerball etc. ..
I leave a note anyway, because for the price remains good, in this range of pedal

Having the MXR dime earlier, the Fullbore remains below this