TC Electronic's Röttweiler Distortion was designed to capture the tone and feel of a high-gain tube amp's power.
The analog design features a distortion circuit based on soft clipping – like real tube amps.
The ‘Voice’ toggle switch allows for choosing between two midrange voicings, going from "classic hard rock to death metal," according to TC Electronic. Also, the two tone controls, Treble and Bass, are designed to let users fine-tune their guitar tone.
Röttweiler Distortion Main Features:
• High-gain Distortion
• Designed to turn an Amp into a Metal Stack
• Two-band Active EQ – Separate Bass and Treble Controls
• Voice Switch
• True Bypass
• One-screw Battery Access
• Custom ‘Hammerhead’ Die-cast Aluminum Casing
Pricing & Availability:
- Available: November, 2011
- Price: US$129 MSRP / €119 SSP
Röttweiler Distortion Online: tcelectronic.com/rottweiler
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!