Rocktron Velocity 250

2) Bridged (Mono)
4ohms load Not Recommended *
250 watts 8ohms load
16ohms load 170 watts

- 2 connector jacks for input and output 4 (if you want to connect 4 speakers!)

- Channel settings: volume, "reactance" (to simulate the reactions of a tube amp) and "definition" (for better emerge from the mix).

no fan but two radiators, resulting in a perfectly quiet amp!
we also reported an anti "pop" the ignition and extinction (thank you for the HP)

- Configuration: one branch, the volume is adjusted, we adjust the reactance-very effective-and to refine the definition based on (the) speaker (s) and we play. the sound is simple to obtain, it is a power amp! No need to book.

I play hard and metal and it suits me perfectly, but it is also clear that effective saturated.
I use it to amplify my Voodo valve, and I must say they are made for each other. The clean sounds are clear, the saturated can be very saturated but you can also get honorable crunch.
in fact I have not used with other preamps, but I think it fully respects the sound sent to it (I will try to test with the Boss to see-hear!)
The dynamics are excellent.
the sound of my various guitars is also well respected (Excalibur, SG, California Hamer, Peavey V-Type).
It works best when connected to two 4X12!

I use it for many years (at least since I Triamp), and he never fails, in fact, I made some sounds similar to those of Triamp Voodo and the Velocity + me serve as a spare amp (it already saved me putting in several concerts, the time to repair the Triamp which a lamp had jumped)
I appreciate its robustness and ease of use, zero cost of maintenance (no lamps to change ;-)
before buying it, I used an amp sound (lack of dynamics!) and a Marshall 9000 which is less suitable, I believe it to sound modern.
I do not regret my choice, although I think it was a bit expensive (more than 6000 francs at the time), although it cost me nothing since. Today, I prefer an all-tube head, but at the time, I swore by the racks.
in the end, I will be 10 for value for money, whether it's reliability, dynamic or sound quality.

edict of September 11, 2007: I take off one point for reliability, because I had to change a knob when I remssorti of the closet. not much, but in addition, I think 10 was abusing ;-)