Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb
Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb
ericthegreat ericthegreat

« nice stomp box »

Published on 11/27/11 at 22:57
The Boss RV-5 is a digital reverb pedal. It has 1/4 inch inputs and outputs and is not rackable as it is a stomp box. It has ten different types of reverbs and four parameters to control them. It has a wide variety of reverb sounds and easy to use overall.

The setup of this pedal is extremely easy, as is getting a good sound out of it. It has five knobs total - one for to choose the type of reverb, one for tone, one for time, one for decay, and one of mix. These controls are basic and manipulating it is quite easy. Some of the types of reverbs include hall, chamber, gate, spring, and plate. I don't have a manual for this pedal, but have never had a use to look into getting one.

The sound quality of the effects on this pedal are top notch. I have only used this with guitar - usually a Schecter Ultra III and a '76 Fender Twin Reverb. With this set up I am able to get some great reverbs from this pedal. Being that it has ten different types of reverbs, the pedal has the capability of getting a number of different types of reverb sounds. My favorite reverbs on this pedal are the plate and the chamber effects. This is a high quality pedal with a number of very usable reverb sounds.

I've been using the RV-5 for two years. I have found it to be an above average reverb pedal because of the overall sound quality and its ability to get a vast number of different types of reverbs. It is hard for me to choose between both pedals, as I think both are great options. The Verbzilla has great tone quality and it won't break the bank. It has a sleek design and its versatility makes it a great all purpose reverb pedal.