[NAMM] Vox Big Bad Wah & Time Machine
Vox Amplification expands the Vox & Joe Satriani guitar effects line with the introduction of the Big Bad Wah dual wah pedal and the Time Machine delay pedal.
The Big Bad Wah is a dual wah pedal that enables switchable access to two completely different onboard wahs. Wah 1 is described as "classic Vox through and through, with an unmistakable British tone hot-rodded to Satriani's specifications." Wah 2 can be customized to the user's desired wah tone with the pedal's controls: two selectable inductors (UK-style and U.S.-style), a Drive knob that delivers a wide range of gain, mimicking the Wah 1 gain at its lowest setting and delivering a 10 dB boost as the maximum setting for aggressive overtones and soloing. Wah 2 has a Voice switch that can provide traditional wah voicing, as well as "a dark, resonant tone reminiscent of a vintage talk-box," according to Vox.
The Time Machine offers a mix of tonal colors, wide delay range and musical dexterity that sets it apart from other delays. It comes complete with two delay modes: Mode 1 is "Modern" — mirroring the player's original sound with full clarity and fidelity. Mode 2 is "Vintage" — limiting the frequency response and adding in soft distortion, along with subtle analog-accurate tape warble.
Big Bad Wah Specifications:
- Controls: Pedal Controller; Drive Knob; Voice Switch; Inductor Select Switch; Wah 1 / Wah 2 Switch
- In/Out: 1/4" Input, 1/4" Output
- Power: One 9V manganese battery (6F22 — included) or AC adapter (optional)
Time Machine Specifications:
- Controls: Level; Delay Range; Time; Feedback; ON switch; Tap tempo & Modern/Vintage switch; Hi-Fi / Lo-Fi switch
- In/Out: 1/4" Input, 1/4" Output Dry Signal / and 1/4" output wet signal
- Power: One 9V battery (included) or AC adapter (optional)
Pricing & Availability
The Big Bad Wah dual wah pedal and the Time Machine delay pedal will be available in February 2009, with pricing TBD.
For more info, visit www.voxamps.co.uk.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Vox Night Train NT15H VOX Amplification has joined forces with amp designer Tony Bruno (no, not me, guys) to introduce the NT15H "Night Train", a 15-Watt, all-tube guitar amplifier head.
- [NAMM] DC Dev & European Musical Imports European Musical Imports announced its recent appointment as North American distributor for the DC Developments line of guitar effects pedals.
- [NAMM] FH(fx) 1134 Fuzz Pedal FH(fx) released the 1134, a multi-textured fuzz.