Yamaha C-40
  • Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Yamaha C-40

View price information
MGR/Grunge rock kicks ass11/24/2004

MGR/Grunge rock kicks ass's review"Yamaha C-40"

Yamaha C-40
I bough it at Costco for $150 .
I needed a guitar when I began taking lessons two years ago

It is very glossy and its sound is incredible for its price range. I made mine electric by adding the fisman classic 4 pre amp on it. I used for several gigs before getting my hand on a fender . I like the fact that it uses nylon strings and is easy on the fingers .

Theres not much to dislike about it besides the fact that the neck is thicker than a steel string acoustic

The woods resonate very well . I heard its spruce top sounds better after years of playing . The nato neck and rosewood fretboard feel very smooth .

I recommend this guitar to any one thats just starting out and is on a budget. For the money you can't go wrong and besides, it's a Yamaha

MGR/Heidi12/06/2001

MGR/Heidi's review"Yamaha C-40"

Yamaha C-40
I recieved this guitar for my 14th birthday. My dad bought it at Costco. I think he paid between $135 and $180 for it.

I like how well it plays. It has a wide fretboard, so it is very good for beginners. It hardly ever needs tuned. You can play many different styles of music on it (except rock Etc.)! I can't put it down. I actually have it with me right now!

It plays a very mellow sound, so it is not fun if you want LOUD music. I have to dust it and polish it more than anyone else does, I think!

The quality of it is very good. I haven't had any problems where it needed repaired(except worn out strings)! I can fix that so it doesn't count anyways. Because of the way it is constructed, it is easy to play and replace strings on it. I can do it by myself and I could the first time I had to too.

You will probably love this guitar, especially if you have never played before. It sounds great and is overall a Great guitar!! I hope you choose this guitar because it is awsome! Peace!