All user reviews for the Yamaha C-40

( 4.5/5 based on 2 reviews )
  • MGR/Grunge rock kicks assMGR/Grunge rock kicks ass

Yamaha C-40Published on 11/24/04 at 15:00
    I bough it at Costco for $150 .
    I needed a guitar when I began taking lessons two years ago

It is very glossy and its sound is incredible for its price range. I made mine electric by adding the fisman classic 4 pre amp on it. I used for several gigs before getting my hand on a fender . I like the fact that it uses nylon strings and is easy on the fingers .

Theres not much to dislike about it besides the fact that the neck is thicker than a steel string acoustic

The woods resonate very well . I heard its spruce top sounds better after years of playing . The nato neck and rosewood fretboard feel very smooth .

I bough it at Costco for $150 .
    I needed a guitar when I began taking lessons two years ago

I recommend this guitar to any one thats just starting out and is on a budget. For the money you can't go wrong and besides, it's a Yamaha

• MGR/HeidiMGR/Heidi

Yamaha C-40Published on 12/06/01 at 15:00
    I recieved this guitar for my 14th birthday. My dad bought it at Costco. I think he paid between $135 and $180 for it.

I like how well it plays. It has a wide fretboard, so it is very good for beginners. It hardly ever needs tuned. You can play many different styles of music on it (except rock Etc.)! I can't put it down. I actually have it with me right now!

It plays a very mellow sound, so it is not fun if you want LOUD music. I have to dust it and polish it more than anyone else does, I think!

The quality of it is very good. I haven't had any problems where it needed repaired(except worn out strings)! I can fix that so it doesn't count anyways. Because of the way it is constructed, it is easy to play and replace strings on it. I can do it by myself and I could the first time I had to too.

You will probably love this guitar, especially if you have never played before. It sounds great and is overall a Great guitar!! I hope you choose this guitar because it is awsome! Peace!