I use them for more than 3 years with the following configuration:
Amp: HK 980
Player: PC + DAC Asus Xonar STX (ASIO driver for some months)
Ben for the price, the S708 smashes everything!
Simply put, it is not perfect.
The negative points:
We do need to put them, do not ask too has low, and it is essential to push for a good listen. Finally, the bass is too oriented subwoofer, and delivers a very accurate sound. (This is where I differ from the previous review). Bi-Wired with the HK-980, when the low was very, too slobbery (misplacement HK980 + deep + very low level very sweet jamo base color). The grave is sorely lacking punch.
The Positive points:
I find the highs and mids extremely accurate. I found this on model accuracy over range located in slice 600 € approx. Klipsch KF-26 memory. In short it sounds good for the film, and ca can give to music, provided to give him the amp that goes with it. Onkyo for example, and especially not Harman / Kardon.
Thanks to the Asus Xonar STx, and a non-official driver, I could finally get rid of excess imposed by low windows 7, and I finally sound worthy of the name. The bass is better now holding more precise and firm. The amp has low acute +8 and +10. no further correction. No equa, and it sounds serious (you have to push a minimum. Frankly it sounds awfully good. Musically I think all great for the smooth Jazz with a beautiful low-cons. Flawless definition, and of course the the right depending on my mood. acute +0 +0 and low. For other more rhythmic style, Just give it and ringing without broaching the wall trembles with low, medium and follow, always clear acute and accurate. Must give them room Grosse cable section with minimum 3mm HP Amps HK-980 is the minimum.
I'll replace them with JBL L880 soon. But frankly ... For the price they are simply monstrous. less than 275 € the rival is not going to happen.
1 people did not find this review helpful
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
kikaldo's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- For how long have you been using it? 3years
- What thing do you like most/least about it? As mentioned in the previous post, these jamo develop a lot of bass, but at the expense of midrange accuracy and clarity of the treble. Even for the funk, it's embarrassing. For jazz, I'm not telling you. A low volume, the definition of the sound message is a draft. We must therefore make them work in power (and thus have a large enough living-over-30m2) to take advantage of their potential. These speakers are extremely difficult to place (far from the walls, please ...) and the stereo is in my setup, disappointing.
- Did you try many other models before getting this one? Yes, but considering my budget at the time, my choice was the jamo
- What is your opinion about the value for the price? Considering the price, the ratio Q / P is good.
- Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...
No. These speakers are very oriented to the music "big bass" (dub, reggae, electronica). For this music, they will be excellent. For the rest, go your chemin.Elles need space to express themselves. So if like me, your show is less than 30 m2 and are focused on jazz, look elsewhere.