Istanbul Mehmet Mehmet Legend Hi-Hat 16"

All user reviews for the Istanbul Mehmet Mehmet Legend Hi-Hat 16"

Hi-Hat from Istanbul Mehmet belonging to the Mehmet Legend series

5.0/5
(1 reviews)
(1 review)
  • moosehermanmooseherman

Istanbul Mehmet Mehmet Legend Hi-Hat 16"Published on 04/20/10 at 15:05
    This is the first new cymbal I have tried in awhile. The drummer for my old band recently started raving to me about these new cymbals that I had never heard of. He then showed me this model, the 16" Mehmet Legends. I hadn't even heard of the brand Istanbul, but I assumed that they were Turkish, and since the Turks have most of the cymbals market covered with Zildjian and Sabian, I thought that these would be a worthy addition to any collection. And I was right. The sound that my drummer (and I, to a lesser extent) was able to get out of these cymbals was something else. I couldn't believe the highly rhythmic, funky sounds that my drummer got when jamming with these. I think that the extra inches give the cymbals a rounder, more deep sound than most hats, which is why they worked well when playing rhythms that are high-hat busy. I would say that the most likely advocates of these cymbals would be old school Soul and Jazz players, and especially fans of Funk (particularly real, 1970s funk, and not newer, Chili-Peppers influenced funk-rock). The newer rock styles tend to favor brightness over depth (for better or worse), and the tones that make a good rock sound work aren't really possible with these cymbals. The fact is though, that these are probably an acquired taste. I'd certainly recommend hearing them, or even better, trying them out before purchasing. Keep in mind that because of their size, they are somewhat more difficult to get used to. However, a decent amount of rehearsal with them will get you used to them, and their size will open up new ways of playing to those who haven't really explored the hi-hat.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)