< Tous les avis Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
CT-64140 CT-64140

« a work of art, and what a sound! »

Published on 12/24/13 at 19:21
Guitar designed in Bremen (Germany) and seems he made in Japan

HANDLE
glued
Maple 1 piece
width: 42.5 mm / 1.67 "(nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
thickness: 21 mm / 0.8 "(1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
Profile: D
: rosewood
radius: 30.5 mm / 12 "
inlays perloïd
Frets: 22 jumbo 2.8 x 1.0 mm
pitch: 650 mm / 25.6 "
Trussrod: steel dual action

BODY
Type: semi-hollow with central beam, hearing in f, archtop
table: spruce veneer
bottom and sides: flamed maple veneer
size: 46 x 34 x 7 cm / 18.11 "x 13.38" x 2.75 "
Binding: Cream
Pickguard: glittery gold
varnish: Polyurethane, polyester pickguard

FITTING:
Cars: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, buttons "Art Diego"
Bridge: Duesenberg steel bridges are adjustable
Vibrato: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola (Bigsby improved type with axis recovery voltage improving stability)
Strap buttons: standard Duesenberg
Finish: nickel
Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)

MICROS & ELECTRONICS
neck pickup: Duesenberg Domino P-90
pickup: Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
Controls: 1 volume, 1 tone, pickup selector 3-way

The handle: regular sleeve Les Paul type, this is not what excites me the most. It seems to me to require a specific game and not too forgiving pranks, especially the bridge pickup is pretty "accurate" and dry (not in the sense of sustain, but in the sense of a character but not sharp enough "Scrapping "anyway). I put a score of 8 rather than 9 because of the handle.

The ergonomics point of view of the harbor is great: very wearable light guitar.

Access to acute: less than a SG or a Strat. I would say probably means (I&#39;m not used to playing in the last frets)

Easily the sound we&#39;re looking for (of course within the limits of the personality Starplayer TV) is obtained. The knobs have a good progressive and volume plays its role very well assay distortion.

It is an instrument with a wide range of sounds. But it is also a fairly typical guitar.

I read in other reviews that it would be between a Gretsch and a Les Paul, I find the exact remark. It has both a little fat lespaulien (neck pickup) and quite sharp gretschien (pickup). I also find that the bridge position, it is reminiscent of the sound Rickenbaker as can be heard in the Beatles, for example. 2 pickups have a good ability to translate percussive attacks.

I love to play the blues significant variations obtainable in the sonic palette by playing selections of microphones or the amount of distortion can give a lot of expressiveness to the game But ... anyway we can play blues on any guitar provided you have style!

Some may love his neck pickup for jazz. In this style, this is not all my guitars, which I prefer ... I tend to play on the Gibson L-4 (normal!) Or the Les Paul, even the Tele (yes, yes! !). But as in jazz blues provided they have the style and game, any guitar sound character may be suitable in my opinion.

I think Starplayer can do wonders in the English rock style of the 60&#39;s - 70&#39;s music or some hybrid "rock-country-blues" in the genus JJ Cale. Most likely to punk beginnings.

With the natural distortion of my amp, it proves excellent: the neck pickup is fat and at the same time not excessive roundness. The bridge pickup sends lots and lots! But this guitar anyway a "vintage" character seems to me.

With pedals (including Okko Diablo) is excellent! and the various amps on which I could play it reveals personality!

I bought this guitar without compare: I wanted a TV Starplayer

The +:

- Quality construction, components that "upscale"
- The sound, the sound, the sound!
- Aesthetics (with a kind chrome bezel and dashboard with sequins, it does not go unnoticed like it or not ... but it does not have this side "bling-las-vegas-Midwestern-santiagues it! -suede-fringed white-elvis-presley "some Gretsch!)
- A very stable vibrato, mechanical in the same vein.
- The price for this quality
- Lightness and balance to spend hours on stage

The -:
- There he has "-"? the handle, perhaps? and yet ... not sure!

Price / quality ratio? Exc! For that price, it seems to me that is the point of view of quality (I&#39;m not talking personality: this is another matter and it is matter of taste), for example largely to a certain brand U.S. starting with F and ending with r!

Hear this Starplayer and play there if you like his personality, acquire it! and if it is stolen, repeat the same choice!