Gibson celebrates Lucille’s 65th Anniversary
Gibson Memphis launches a modernized reissue of BB King’s Lucille guitar for the 65th Anniversary of the iconic blues instrument.
The Gibson BB King Lucile 65th Anniversary retains the design of the ES-335 guitar, and includes specific features required by the artist, such as the top without f-holes or the TP-6 tailpiece. But Memphis has also upgrade the guitar for modern use, so you’ll now find a second jack for true stereo output and a 6-way VariTone switch.
- Semi-hollow guitar
- 3-ply maple/basswood/maple body
- Multiply white/black bindings
- Mahogany set neck with a maple spline
- Richlite fingerboard with 12” radius, white binding and mother of pearl Block inlays
- Nut width: 1.681”
- “Lucille” inlay on the headstock
- “65 Years” engraved on the gold plated truss rod plate
- Gold plated Grover Tulip tuners, 14:01 ratio
- 2 humbucking 490R neck and 490T bridge pickups with golden covers
- 2 volume and 2 tone knobs, 6-way VariTone switch and 3-way pickup switch
- Gold plated Tune-O-Matic bridge and TP-6 tailpiece
- Tortoise Shell pickguard
- Strings: .010 - .046
- Nitrocellulose Ebony finish
- Ships with a hardshell and a certificate of authenticity
MSRP is $3799. You’ll find more info about the BB King Lucille 65th Anniversary at www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- New looks and pricing at Keeley’s Keeley Electronics paid a lifting and new prices to two of its classic effect pedals and is running a flash sale until tomorrow.
- Durham Electronics Reddverb Australian manufacturer Durham Electronics introduces the Reddverb guitar preamp and reverb stompbox.
- Fishman introduces a new guitar preamp Tonedeq, Fishman’s new external preamp, features a bunch of effects to process your acoustic guitare signal.