Gibson celebrates Lucille’s 65th Anniversary
Gibson Memphis launches a modernized reissue of BB King’s Lucille guitar for the 65th Anniversary of the iconic blues instrument.
The Gibson BB King Lucile 65th Anniversary retains the design of the ES-335 guitar, and includes specific features required by the artist, such as the top without f-holes or the TP-6 tailpiece. But Memphis has also upgrade the guitar for modern use, so you’ll now find a second jack for true stereo output and a 6-way VariTone switch.
- Semi-hollow guitar
- 3-ply maple/basswood/maple body
- Multiply white/black bindings
- Mahogany set neck with a maple spline
- Richlite fingerboard with 12” radius, white binding and mother of pearl Block inlays
- Nut width: 1.681”
- “Lucille” inlay on the headstock
- “65 Years” engraved on the gold plated truss rod plate
- Gold plated Grover Tulip tuners, 14:01 ratio
- 2 humbucking 490R neck and 490T bridge pickups with golden covers
- 2 volume and 2 tone knobs, 6-way VariTone switch and 3-way pickup switch
- Gold plated Tune-O-Matic bridge and TP-6 tailpiece
- Tortoise Shell pickguard
- Strings: .010 - .046
- Nitrocellulose Ebony finish
- Ships with a hardshell and a certificate of authenticity
MSRP is $3799. You’ll find more info about the BB King Lucille 65th Anniversary at www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!