< Tous les avis Gretsch G3151 Streamliner
Gretsch G3151 Streamliner
mooseherman mooseherman

« Exquisite Hollow-Body Guitar! »

Published on 01/31/11 at 10:59
This is a gorgeous American hollowbody. It's got two humbucking pickups, with a volume knob and a tone knob as well as a three way selector switch, which is located in the upper left hand corner from the player's perspective. There are 19 frets on a rosewood fingerboard. It has a bigsby bridgepiece with Bigsby tremolo bar.

This guitar is an absolute breeze to play. The high notes are easily accessible due to the cutaway on the body. This makes it easy to go from rhythm to lead playing quickly and with no reaching. This thing sounds fantastic almost always. It's a hollow body, and though it has humbucking pickups it can still feedback a little with distortion, so make sure that if you're using it it's the appropriate kind, and only use it when you're playing. Getting a good sound out of this guitar is great if you like smoother, cleaner tones.
It's not too heavy, though it is larger than some of my other guitars. Regardless it's pretty easy to carry around and wear on your back. It's definitely a great, well-made instrument.

This is definitely one of the better guitars that I have played in a while. It's got some of the thickest, fattest tone, that's still bright enough to cut through a mix and clean enough to be smooth and gentle. With a little overdrive or fuzz this thing can rock with the best of them too, though like I said before feedback is an issue (sometimes, though, that's a good thing, as in heavy punk or noise rock bands). Basically it's a really versatile instrument. It sounds really good through tube or solid state amps, in fact solid state might be better for mellow jazz as it's less noisy, but I honestly prefer a tube for what I do. I go with a Fender Twin often.

I like this guitar's sound the best. It has a great look and feel too, an all around vintage kind of guitar. I really dig the smoothness of it overall. It's expensive as these aren't exactly easy to find nowadays. But definitely try and jump on one of these if you can find them, they're excellent. They sound great and are made excellently. I've played a few hollowbodies but the Gretsch ones are a cut above.