Guild Starfire IV

All user reviews for the Guild Starfire IV

( 5/5 based on 2 reviews )
2 reviews
  • Guild Starfire IV

Guild Starfire IVPublié le 03/13/04 à 15:00
    I was upgrading my Dearmond starfire to an original guild starfire Or a brand new one.
    I found mine on Ebay and paid 750 quid. which i think is a bloody steal for a 1972 cherry red beaut that slays all others including 335's
    Plus a gibson of the same vintage would cost twice that or more .and still not look as pretty.

The build quality is top notch and combined with a decent valve amp , Blues has never sounded better,
    If its good enough for Buddy guy then it's good enough for you!

the only gripe is why are'nt they worth more or in the top leagues above the likes of Epiphones . Correct me if i'm wrong
    THey certainly give a gibbo a fat lip

The guitar has a mahogany laminate body , with......

If its good enough for Buddy guy then it's good enough for you!

THey certainly give a gibbo a fat lip

The guitar has a mahogany laminate body , with a lovely striped finish running lengthways with a redbacked neck and a Block inlayed fretboard ,
    Also a lovely chrome harp tailpiece that you don't get on the new ones ( why not?)

If your'e looking for an affordable vintage guitar .that will gain you instant respect everytime you whip it out the case, plus if your'e tired of the old farts toting les pauls 335'S etc
    Give them the fear with a starfire !

• Guild Starfire IV

Guild Starfire IVPublié le 08/22/02 à 15:00
    I've had many guitars over the past 35 years and my latest is a Guild Starfire IV (2001) which I bought private for £1250.
    This is not a De Armond - but the real thing from the USA.
    It looks similar to a 335 but wow! Far more power in the pick ups and far more versatile. Rock! Beatles! Blues! You name it ! It does it!

The finish quality is everthing you'd expect from Guild. The action is easy and fast and it's so comfortable to play even on long shows.

There's nothing I dislike about this guitar.

The wood and laquer finish is excellent.

To all guitar player who have played and loved the 335. You should try this model.

This review was originally published on ...
    This is not a De Armond - but the real thing from the USA.

There's nothing I dislike about this guitar.

The wood and laquer finish is excellent.