< Tous les avis Hagstrom HJ-800
Hagstrom HJ-800
alff alff

«  Excellent but not always flawless »

Published on 05/14/14 at 14:26
Swedish brand made in China.
Semi-hollow guitar, jazz Jazz hj800 massive table

Body: Flamed Maple with 5-fold table with curved solid spruce
Pickups: Pickups Hagstrom Custom 58N & Custom 58B
Electronics: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-position selector 1
Bridge: "Jimmy" with Hagstrom Trapeze

Super nice handle but with some adjustments to make. When buying, the strings buzzed a bit, then problem solved (adjustment handle) always have a good action.Je however denounce (I may be the only one in this case) that I can work on the tailpiece firing on the left when looking from back to front which had the effect of also make the bridge to the left and therefore the strings were wrong. Two small washers between the screw and right splice solved this problem. I finally decided to change the bridge (a little imprecise width strings) against an easel Gibson archtop with adjustable trolleys also able to adjust the octave (12th fret) with the bridge, otherwise it is a nightmare .. . tjrs and there QLQ notes are not good. access to high notes is very easy. Once this is done, this guitar is perfect. However, a little heavy but it does not bother me.

I agree with what I read on another review of this guitar, the sound is acoustic guitar without too much coloration particulière.L acoustics are particularly good, it is "feels" vibrate playing but it does not have the big sound of a jazz eg ES 175 ... despite the humbucker. Do not hesitate to turn the screws a little back to the micro closer to the strings otherwise the sound may be a bit low. For my part, I expected a neck pickup Benedetti "Cotton Club" that I will replace the handle side. It also depends on the amp, it can prove otherwise with some tube amps. Currently I have a Roland Cube 80XL, the couple works pretty well but I'll still opt for a tube amp.

I use it for a year and now with these changes including micro Benedetti, it will become a racing for a slightly higher overall price, it will compete with many others that cost 3-4 x prix.C is despite all the good violin (massive table). I would do the same purchase.
Summary: Strengths: beautiful violin, good handle.
weaknesses: He sometimes adjust with a few tweaks ... but after what canon.