Hagstrom Viking
Hagstrom Viking
Audiofanzine FR 03/14/2009

Hagstrom Viking : Audiofanzine FR's user review

• Partager
(Originally written by cheyenne1958/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
The Hagstrom Viking is made in China.

Very pleasant neck even if I needed time to get used to it.

Very good access to the upper frets. Slight fret noise on powerful rhythm parts. Very nice neck pickup: it sounds warm, round and very clear. The bridge pickup doesn't sound so good but it's ok considering the price.

It's the jazz and blues hollowbody guitar I was looking for considering the music style I play. It provides a very nice clean sound considering its price. I play with a Vox AD 120vth plus an AC212 speaker cabinet equipped with two Celestion Vintage 30. Since I upgraded the pickups with two Seymour Duncan (bridge = JB SH4 bridge, neck = Jazz model), the guitar has a very good sound. Annoyingly enough, Hagstrom mounted the potentiometers on the lefty model like on a right-handed one. But I got used to it!

This product is a good deal considering the price and even better if you upgrade the pickups. If you do, the guitar can really scream and it's a real delight both in clean and distortion mode. Good value for money .... You don't need to spend two or three month salaries to get a high-class instrument.