Taylor launches the T5z hybrid guitar
Taylor adds its T5 Series the new T5z hybrid hollow body guitar, with a Custom First Edition as the first model.
The T5z design looks more like an electric guitar than an electric acoustic, with a more compact body than the original T5, a 12" fingerboard radius and jumbo frets for bending fans.
The first model of this new series is the T5z Custom First Edition, that features an AA-grade Hawaiian koa top, a Spire inlay on the headstock, a First Edition custom plate and a First Edition label inside the body. The guitar can be plugged to both electric and acoustic amps.
- Hollowbody sapele back and sides, venetian cut
- Hawaiian koa top with 2 F holes
- Standard T5z bracing
- Sapele neck
- Ebony fingerboard with 12" radius and pearl Spire inlays
- White bindings on the top and fingerboard
- Taylor golden tuners
- Acoustic sensor and humbucker inside the body, and a humbucker bridge pickup
- T5 electronics with tone controls and 5-way pickup switch
- Gloss finish
- Hardshell included
The US MSRP of this new T5z Custom First Edition is $3798. More info at www.taylorguitars.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Roadie tunes your guitar for you Every musician dreams of having a roadie to prepare their guitars. What if you could put that roadie in your pocket?
- Electro-Harmonix shrinks the Big Muff Pi Electro-Harmonix introduces the Nano version of its Big Muff Pi classic NYC distortion pedal.
- Doc Music Station, hand made French effect pedals Denis Herbert, aka Doc Music Station, is about to launch no more than four effect pedals for guitar in December.