(Originally written by -Nicolas-/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
I'm a drummer and I use them to hear the metronome. Sound quality was not my main concern, I wanted a good sound isolation (excellent).
I'm not fully satisfied:
- Too loud lows. When I'm not playing and I only want to listen to music I must set the low control to 0 and the high control to max. to get a decent sound... Otherwise it feels like listening to music under watter...
- Lows are overemphasized compared with standard headphones... I don't know why. I bought a mini-amp to use it live on stage and to get a louder metronome signal... But as soon as I play a cymbal I can't here it anymore, in spite of the good sound isolation (and I'm not stupid: I only use reasonable levels to protect my ears).
- Nastiness Drummers sweat. The sweat goes through the membrane protection grill... I don't want to imagine how it looks like behind it... It probably alters the sound and it might also contribute to the lack of high frequencies...
I don't recommend them to drummers and/or for stage applications. They are ok to ride the subway or a bus, when you don't eat, or walk, and don't touch the cable a lot...
You cannot open them to clean them up, they are extremely breakable and not hygienic. Very bad.
precision for info: infra-ear headphones have a default quality and very special, it's true that a great isolates of the collection's outdoor, like ball-quis! but the return is that you hear everything going on the indoor (breathing, chewing, no noise when you walk down the street, everything is amplified to get used) and then biensr the noise level to be careful, because the sound comes directly (but very directly) in the ear is better to set a volume limit and rsister the temptation to increase as the collection's outdoor environment is too noisy
consideration is that the sound is really good, especially the low
I try to be careful with (it's those little delicate bx)
I am a drummer and I use these headphones to put my mtronome. The sound quality did not interest me, I rather be on the insulation (copy).
Except I was not super happy:
- So low, normment low, almost as low. Mtronome out if I want to listen to some music on the computer I have to rgler all the bass and treble to 0 at the max for a dcent ... if a given the effect of cost the underwater music ...
- The volume is low compared trs headphone ... incomprhensible classic. I bought one for miniampli scne and boost a little clik ... nothing, THE FIRST cymbal I shoot radio silence Malagasy insulation (I'm not a nag and I treating my ears with sound smart level).
- Dirt. Drummer sweat. The sweat seeps into the grille of the membrane ... I dare not immagine what has accumulated derrire dernire this ... the sound is very trs and ALTR s probably the abscence of high frquences this is the dirt ...
Deprecated drummers, and in scne gnral. Council for the metro, or bus, if you do not eat (I join the opinion above), if not work, and if you touch the wire too.
Indmontable cleaning, extremely fragile, little hygine. Zero.