1/38
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 192

Thread Recording Electric Guitar M-Audio Audiophile 192

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Recording Electric Guitar M-Audio Audiophile 192
Hello People.
I have always wanted to be a big jazz man one day, so i have started now, at the age of 19.
I got myself a Delta 192 and have no idea on how to use it.

I had a Creative X-Fi Platinum previously which i threw out after two days.
But with the X-Fi, i just plugged in my guitart to the front panel and clicked record on any software on my machine and voula, it records straight from guitar.

But with the Delta, the software i got with it "..Live" something looks sooo confusing.
i plugged my guitar into the "IN L" 1/4" TRS plug on the card and clicked record, and nothing happens ahhh.
okay anyways, i think im going about this the wrong way.
i have the following on the card

One set of TRS plugs have the prefix "MON..." on them, wat does that mean? is that for monitor spkrs?

I dont know much of the terminology but i definetly know wat sound quality is... I have a Nakamichi AV-7 with Tannoy speaks.
So my question is. How do I record my electric guitar with my Delta 192.
Are there any example docs out there on how to setup the card. I did not get any manuals with the card.
Here is a link to the M-Audio website. It has the manual for your card, as well as a manual for Ableton Live, which is probably the software you mentioned.

Read up, then c'mon back with more questions!!

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.manuals
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Unfortunately the user guide that's on m-audio.com won't help you too much, but Live's manual and tutorials are very helpfull.

You can't put your guitar stright into your sound card. You need to put a guitar preamp between them (You could do that with your old card because it had a builtin preamp).