1/124
M-Audio Delta 1010LT

Thread Problems with Dual Soundcards and Cubasis VST 4

• 7 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Problems with Dual Soundcards and Cubasis VST 4
Hello all,

I'm having problems playing back recordings in Cubasis, I'm very new to the software, but I've got it configured with instruments (keyboard, mics etc) running into a Delta 1010LT, and the output port is a Realtek AC97 controller. I've had no problems recording multiple tracks, simultaneously or sequentially, but when I try to play them back I hear no sound even though the output bars of the mixer are moving. If I examine any single audio track in WaveLab, I can hear it played back fine there with the Realtek selected as the output.

I don't know why, but Cubasis seems to be having a problem with the Realtek AC97 Audio selected as an output. If I load the ASIO Multimedia Setup program (advanced options) and 'Run Simulation' - then something in my setup fails. Also if I select 'Realtek AC97 Audio' and try to 'Check Buffers and Syncronization', or if I try to 'Detect Buffer Size' then the error message says "The device could not be opened."

If anyone knows how to solve the problem I'd be really grateful, unfortunately I can't update the Realtek drivers because their site just has broken links.

Thanks in advance,
-Kas.
Kas-

Why are you messing with the realtek at all? Use the Delta outrputs and disable the realtek in the bios.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD

%1$s a écrit Why are you messing with the realtek at all? Use the Delta outrputs and disable the realtek in the bios.

I had initially (probably naïvely) thought it would be more simple to have a soundcard dedicated to recording and one for playback. I also don't have the connectors to link my current speakers to the RCA plugs in the Delta. I know that wires like that aren't very costly, but ideally I'd eventually like to have the outputs of the Delta going elsewhere anyway, so is there any way I can make Cubasis output through the Realtek? Is there likely to be a significant difference in the quality of the playback between the two soundcards?
You should in theory be able to do this, but in practice you may get resource conflicts (shared IRQs being the most likely culprit). I'm not a Cubasis guru, but so long as the realtek shows up as an option in Cubasis as an audio output, you should be able to assing your recorded tracks to play back on that line.

Somewhere in Cubasis, there must be a listing of available audio input and output devices. You should be able to select the Delta as the input source and the realtek as the output.
Thanks for the quick responses. Yes, I have already selected it as an output in Cubasis, but that didn't work. I don't think it seems to be IRQ conflicts because simpler software like WaveLab lets me select the Delta as my input and the Realtek as my output, so I'm assuming it might be something I've set up wrong in Cubasis or with the card(s)' own settings. Anyone got any ideas?
Cubasis is a stripped down version of Cubase. You might check- maybe it doesn't support multiple audio devices at once. I'd check that possibility before I invest any more time!! :)
You can only use one asio device at a time. The realtek asio drivers are not the best, you're better off using the Delta. I think the realtek also defaults to using the multimedia drivers which have very unacceptable latency and usually have sync problems. The multimedia drivers may allow you to operate the realtek and delta together but that is usually an unstable configuration. Stick with the delta, it's loads better.
Alright. Thanks for the information.