< All Fame G 2000 reviews
Fame G 2000
famouszcc famouszcc

« Excellent value for money, very complete featurewise and nice sounds »

Published on 05/25/16 at 14:58
Audience: Anyone
- For which specific applications or uses have you chosen this product and in which context do you currently use it?
I essentially played the keyboard in a piano/organ band, so without the arranger. For that purpose O own a Korg X3 and Korg Kross. I bought this keyboard to learn to play alone with arrangements to replace the band.

- Does it look sturdy and well-finished? How easy is it to use? How about its ergonomy? What of the quality & feel of the keyboard? What do you think of the onboard sequencer and the different arrangements available?

Great ergonomics, it's quite easy to use with its 7" touchscreen.
The touch and quality of the keys are similar to my 2 korgs.
I haven't used the sequencer axcept to listen to MIDI files, so as I haven't gone deep in its functionalities I won't develop this aspect. Arrangements are OK, you can create your own styles using the included Grand Suite software on the accompanying CD.
I could creat styles from those of the Yamaha Tyros (and even wrote a tutorial but it's in French...).
The keyboard is well-manufactured and seems sturdy.

What do you think of its sounds as a whole ? What of the factory presets ?
First, don't compare it with a Tyros or any other high-end unit. It sounds quite good for the price, and in that regard it's way better than both my Korg (except for pads and synthetic sounds that I don't use anyway, so it's not a problem for me).
For its price, this keyboard is really excellent and has no competitor with comparable functionalities in its price range. You can record straight to audio (no overdubbing necessary, as is the case with the Kross).

- What do you think of its editing & effect capacities ?
Very good, there are even 2 assignable knobs that allow to set different parameters in real time (volume, modulation, effect...)

- What are the pros and cons of this product ?

Pros : Its touchscreen, very numerous features (possibility to parameter R1, R2, R3 & L sound layers, audio or sequencer recording, audio in for a mic, player or external instrument, USB drive reader -up to 32GB- and possibility to read mp3 & wav, huge user soundbank with 500 styles, 500 songs, 500 additional sounds, direct reading of styles from USB drive, part display, and many other features).

Cons : a very small user community, so you have to creat your own styles and can't get many from other people. The medeli europe website hasn't evolved for months while there are lots of things to download from its Chinese counterpart (FAME G2000 = Medeli A1000).

Hopefully this will answer your questions about this keyboard.

Musically yours!