[NAMM] Blue Microphones Reactor
Blue Mics has unveiled its new Reactor microphone at Winter NAMM 2011.
Reactor fuses a pattern selection method with a swiveling capsule head for positioning, and features Blue's condenser capsule, Class A solid state components, and preamp for live switching between patterns (Cardioid, Omni or Figure-8). To facilitate use in multiple mic setups (like Mid/Side, X-Y), Reactor's capsule head rotates a range of 90 degrees for positioning in tight spaces and pattern adjustability.
Reactor's recording pattern selection features LED backlighting on the pattern indicators and a magnifying element to compliment its design.
- Transducer: Condener, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8 (bi-directional)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 19.0mV/Pa at 1 kHz (1 Pa=94dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1 kohm
- Maximum SPL: 135 dB (2.5 kohm, 0.5% THD)
- S/N Ratio: 88dB-A
- Noise Level: 9.3 dB-A
- Dynamic Range: 128 dB (@2.5 ohm)
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15)
- Large-diaphragm condenser capsule
- Three recording patterns: Omni, Cardioid, Bi-directional
- Swivel head to allow for flexible placement and multi mic positioning (like Mid/Side, X-Y)
- Selection method with magnifier for toggle
- Class A solid state components
- LED backlit pattern selection
- Simple pop filter installation
- Includes custom designed storage case and shockmount
For more details, visit www.bluemic.com/reactor.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Kush Audio Gain Train American manufacturer Kush Audio are showing the Gain Train, a Class A expandable monitor controller.
- [NAMM] SSL X-Rack Stereo Dynamics Module Solid State Logic introduced the new X-Rack Stereo Dynamics Module at Winter NAMM 2011 (Booth 6904, Hall A).
- [NAMM] Drawmer MX Pro Series Drawmer announces a revision to their MX Series - now called MX Pro.